Who We Are

As the Kingdom of Bahrain's premeire natural gas extraction, processing facility Banagas is a leader of industry and a major contributor to the Kingdom's economy. Having operated for 40 years and recently expanding production with a third state of the art plant Banagas continues to enrich the lives of all the Kingdom's citizens.

The Government of Bahrain initiated studies in 1977 to decide the best method to tap associated gas. As a result the decision was taken to establish a gas processing plant that would provide maximum benefit to the national economy, generating both income and employment for the local people.

The primary objective of the Company was to use the associated gas by processing it into propane, butane and naphtha. Other objectives were to utilise the residual gas arising from the process for local industrial use and to contribute positively to the employment prospects of Bahraini nationals by providing them with service and training opportunities.

Our Vision

Powerful, meaningful and inspirational vision, purpose and mission statements cultivate a culture of excellence, partnership and growth.

Our Governance

Our corporate governance team embody the company's culture of excellence and uphold the responsibility of leading the nation to a more prosperous future.

Business Excellence

We achieve the highest business excellence standards by adhering to the highest personal and professional standards in every endeavor.


On the 17th of December 1979 His Highness Shaikh Isa Bin Salman Al-Khalifa, the late Amir of Bahrain, inaugurated the Associated Gas Project marking a major step in the Government of Bahrain’s determination to use energy effectively. The primary objective of this project was to process the large quantities of associated gas extracted from the Bahrain Oil Field into marketable products, supply residue gas for local industrial use and to provide employment and training opportunities to Bahraini nationals.

Company Overview

The Project was incorporated as the Bahrain National Gas Company B.S.C. (BANAGAS), 75% owned by the Oil and Gas Holding Company (nogaholding) with the remaining 25% equally owned by the Boubyan Petrochemical Company and Chevron Bahrain.

At a cost of US$100 million the project included the construction of four gas compressor stations, a processing plant to recover Propane, Butane and Naphtha, and a storage area at Sitra.


An embodiment of Bahrain's Vision 2030 Initiative the commissioning of Tawseah, the Third Central Gas Plant (CGP III) was a major advancement in Bahrain's Oil and Gas Sector and hailed as one of the most important and pioneering strategic projects undertaken by the Kingdom of Bahrain.

Our History

It all began in 1932 when oil was discovered, making the Kingdom of Bahrain the first nation in the GCC to discover the black gold beneath the desert sands. In the decades that followed, wealth generated has been wisely used to build infrastructure and to provide an array of services and amenities for its citizens.